An ASIC Accreditation will boost the profile of your institution and confirm that it meets high standards of education, welfare and good practice. The accreditation will reassure students and agents that your college or university is a good choice, and that you will provide them with professional teaching, valuable qualifications and a positive learning experience.
The ASIC accreditation is not simply a one-time process and we are not only about policing education institutions. We are dedicated to developing productive, long lasting working relationships with institutions and working with them continuously to ensure ongoing, consistent quality over the long term.
This ongoing work will involve training programmes in subjects such as ethical student recruitment, recruiting and monitoring agents, developing suitable admissions systems and improving and updating ethics policies and codes of practice. As part of the process, we can provide the following benefits to your institution:
- Assistance with internationalisation plans through networking with bodies such as UKNARIC, WEBA and other relevant organisations, and in developing academic partnerships world-wide,
- Assistance with preparation for local government inspections,
- Access to over 250 accredited recruitment agents in over 60 countries, through a reduced fee for membership of QISAN,
- Access to marketing activities via ASIC, which include, exhibition attendance, printed and web- based newsletters and publicity in numerous overseas publications,
- Access to WEBA exhibitions and agent workshops with a 30% discount,
- Certificate of Accreditation, artwork of ASIC logo for use on business cards, letterheads, publicity materials, website, Facebook and Twitter,
- Updated on-line information on all aspects of Accreditation,
- Advice on agent contracts with sample agreements, code of ethics for agents and student satisfaction surveys,
- Guidance on the drafting of policies and procedures for quality assurance, including internal auditing systems course review, classroom observation, staff appraisal and development, and student assessment,
- A regular ASIC newsletter providing updates on international education developments (institutions are invited to submit articles and queries to the newsletter) and regular updates on social media
- Access to ASIC Surgeries – the opportunity to visit our office for advice and guidance
- Visits by ASIC, during which we will provide advice, guidance and consultancy services
- Achieving accreditation may enhance your prospects for the world university rankings
Continual Support for Accredited Institutions
Accreditation with ASIC is not a one time process and we are not simply a policing organisation. Instead, ASIC is committed to supporting the on-going development and quality enhancement of all our institutions. We understand that quality assurance is a continuous activity, and we are here to help our school, college and university partners in their constant pursuit of excellence.
Ongoing development with accredited institutions includes the delivery of training programmes for institutions on topics such as the accreditation process itself, health and safety, relations with awarding bodies, quality assurance and enhancement, course review, high-quality and ethical student recruitment, the development of codes of practice and ethics policies, UKVI compliance, and combating fraud. These seminars are repeated on a regular basis and additional seminars will be offered in the light of future developments and institution requests.
ASIC provides a friendly and responsive call support system for all our institutions. ASIC staff will contact you a few times throughout the year to check on how your institution is doing, offer any assistance or advice on issues you are experiencing, and inform you of upcoming events and ASIC services which may be helpful. This is also a chance to update us on any changes to the institution or to contact details.